Monday, September 29, 2008

more online discoveries and cropping doubts (scully)

Okay so I really have a hard time seeing potential in someone as a marriage partner when they've been married more than once. One divorce I can understand. Two or more and I just can't do it. I can have compassion on them and how hard the situation would be, especially with kids, but it just seems like too much drama for me to attach myself to. And there are more of those out there than I expected.

I was also talking to a friend the other day whom I hadn't seen in a while and she asked how my male relationships were going. I told her nothing yet, but I was still trying. She asked how old I was and when I told her she got this look of utter "game over for you sister" on her face. I wasn't expecting it and I've tried to shun it from my memory banks.

I've also heard the story of a friend who, for the past 10 yrs, has been in a marriage the plotline of which has been more atrocious than a lifetime network movie. To me it was doomed from the moment it started and I've thought her a fool for staying and having 4 children with this guy. Well the latest on her is that everything has turned a corner and she's now as happy as a clam and is being praised for her faith and insight into this man's true nature that must have always been there all along.

These two events have made me a bit doubtful of my judgment of myself and others. Processing.

No comments: