Monday, April 2, 2012

Tweeting Conference (Anne)

This General Conference, I lifted the protection on my personal Twitter account and participated in #TwitterStake and #ldsconf discussions. I am a Twitter fiend, and I loved this experience, but due to my job, I feel like I have to keep tweets protected. So the lock goes back up...

At any rate, I highly recommend Twitter, even if you only use it for Conference weekend. It really was quite exhilarating to be part of that conversation, to see people re-tweeting and favoriting my tweets, and to read see what others were taking away from the talks as well.

One tweet I saw mentioned that Sunday afternoon seemed specifically for singles. This made me want to read all the talks from that session and see what he saw and heard in that session.

And when I tweeted a somewhat exasperated tweet Saturday morning after the first two talks were about parenting and families, a couple of people responded words of hope and encouragement.

This post really isn't about anything specific single-related, other than this: we have many ways to reach out to others, and it doesn't always have to be about finding a spouse. Sometimes just knowing we aren't really alone is a nice feeling.

No comments: