Saturday, June 14, 2008

Question (Leah)

Here's a question... someone pointed out to me recently that I am very good at loving. I can love easily and fully a variety of men. I guess after hearing my dating history this was the conclusion she drew. Her point to me - what she wanted me to think about - so help me oh internet masses - she advised me to look for a man who can love me as fully. How do you do that? For one thing, every married woman I've ever spoken to indicates that men just aren't that demonstrative. Are there other clues I should watch for? I've always felt/sensed completely and totally loved in past relationships, until it came time for commitment and they had other intentions. I always figured men and women have different styles of expressing love - you know, the old love-languages book - I've read it. It seems to me the only form of measurement is when it comes down to that crucial moment of commitment. And by then I've fallen in love, and well, enough said.

4 comments:

Kris said...

That's a hard one. I interpret your friends comment as finding someone who is willing to fully commit to the relationship. The trick is knowing when you just need to be patient and when to cut bait. I think that book, "He's Just Not That Into You" has some good red flags to watch out for.

Leah said...

I've always hated it when people refer to that book but I just may have to read it! Thanks for the tip. I like flags.

Kris said...

It really has some good concepts, but be warned, the writing style isn't fabulous and he tries to be real edgy and swears a lot.

Heidi P said...

My sister told me once to listen to what guys say, not how they act. Usually I think this is good advice.